Thank you for getting in touch with Exactly. With Florence Given, the podcast.
We at Somethin’ Else are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use data and to meet our data protection obligations.
What information does Somethin’ Else collect?
Your name and telephone number
We collect this information via Whatsapp.
Why does Somethin’ Else process personal data?
We need to process data to be able to contact you. In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with our legal obligations.
Who has access to this data?
Information is only used amongst our production team and includes sharing information with Florence and members of the Exactly production team.
We will not share your data with third parties.
How does Somethin’ Else protect data?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by people working for us in the proper performance of their duties.
For how long does Somethin’ Else keep data?
If question or voice notes is used on Exactly, we will delete and/or destroy your data six months from the date you got in touch.
The periods for which your data will be held can be obtained by speaking with the Exactly production team.
Your rights, you can:
• access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
• require us to change incorrect or incomplete data;
• require us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
• object to the processing of your data where Somethin’ Else is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or if you believe that Somethin’ Else has not complied with your data protection rights, please contact the Exactly production team by sending an email to [email protected]
What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to Somethin’ Else. However, if you do not provide the information, we will not be able to include you on the podcast.
If you are looking to speak to someone for help via talking therapies you can either go to your GP or the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) bacp.co.uk or bps.org.uk – they should be HCPC registered.
Other helpful organisations:
• NHS – www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/mental-health-helplines
• SAMARITANS – www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan or call 116 123
• MIND – www.mind.co.uk
• NSPCC – www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe
• WELLDOING – www.welldoing.org
• NICE – www.nice.org.uk/guidance
• Anxiety UK – www.anxietyuk.org.uk