Somethin’ Else and Sony Music Entertainment are industry leaders in producing premium, high quality podcasts that audiences love. Somethin’ Else is Sony’s in-house podcast team with offices in London, New York and LA. We are looking for an Executive Producer to work on factual narrative podcasts in London. The successful candidate will join a fast-growing team, leading development and production of podcasts for a global audience.
What you’ll do:
- Act as story editor across shows/series, providing editorial and creative feedback on narrative structure, scripts and sound design
- Work with the VP, Factual Podcasts UK, to put together the ideal production team (producers, APs, engineer, etc.) to make the shows
- Work with the production management team and producers to put together budgets and production calendars, and helping to ensure proper tracking of show budgets and production timelines
- Input into discussions around artwork, marketing, PR and sales for the shows you are overseeing
- Line manage producers in the factual team
- Develop and pitch your own original ideas
- Identify and build partnerships with talented presenters, journalists and other storytellers, working with them to develop ideas for new podcasts
- Help producers and Assistant Producers develop their ideas
- Actively monitor competitive landscape for creative opportunities, audience trends and gaps in the market
Who you are:
- Experience in audio production
- Experience as an executive producer and/or story editor of long-form narrative audio shows
- Strong and creative story-telling skills
- A track record of identifying and developing great stories into audio series
- Strong organisational skills and experience of keeping to schedules and working to deadlines
- A love of audio and wide-ranging podcast listening habits
- A leader who enjoys working with a team of diverse creatives, helping them to grow and develop
- An excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who can work with a range of personalities and partners
- A deep understanding of the podcasting landscape
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An excellent range of benefits, like private medical cover, a generous pension scheme, life assurance and income protection, plus loads of music biz perks
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
If you’re interested in this role, please apply here.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.
Please note that applicants must be at least 18 years of age.