Sony Music Entertainment are industry leaders in producing premium, high quality podcasts that audiences love. Somethin’ Else is Sony’s in-house podcast team with offices in New York, LA and London. We are looking for a Producer to join our factual/narrative podcast team, to work principally (but not exclusively) on a highly successful series called Cheat. This show is a co-production between our UK and US teams.
What you’ll do:
- Producing factual narrative episodes and series.
- Shaping series and episode narrative arcs.
- Sourcing, interviewing and recording contributors.
- Editing, scripting and scoring episodes.
- Working collaboratively with journalists, presenters, other producers, as well as executive producers, editors and assistant producers.
- Generating and pitching episode and series ideas.
Who you are:
- Someone who is passionate about podcasts and storytelling, with a wide range of listening habits.
- Proven experience in audio production.
- Strong and creative storytelling skills.
- A passion for uncovering great stories.
- Interest in long form narrative storytelling.
- A strong understanding of what makes a compelling podcast.
- Strong organizational skills and experience of keeping to schedules and working to deadlines.
- A person who enjoys working as part of a team to make ideas the best they possibly can be.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An excellent range of benefits, like private medical cover, a generous pension scheme, life assurance and income protection, plus loads of music biz perks
- We invest in your professional growth & development
If you’re interested in this role, please apply here.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.
Please note that applicants must be at least 18 years of age.