Somethin’ Else and Sony Music Entertainment are industry leaders in producing premium, high quality podcasts that audiences love. Somethin’ Else is Sony’s in-house podcast team with offices in London, New York and LA.
We are looking for a receptionist to work front-of-house in our Somethin’ Else office in London, which is also home to our branding and social media partners Somethin’ Else Creative Studio.
This is a busy and varied role. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, take pride in the work that they do and have a flexible approach to a fast-paced schedule. This role would suit someone starting out their career in the creative industries, with an interest in podcasting and some previous administration and front of house experience.
What you’ll do:
- Meeting and greeting visitors and clients
- Ensuring that staff and visitors provide the relevant Covid-related documentation
- Controlling access to the building using an intercom system
- Managing all incoming company calls
- Booking couriers/cabs and forwarding all details to the accounts team monthly
- General office management such as ordering and replenishing food and drink, stationery and cleaning supplies
- Checking invoices against orders made and generating purchase order numbers
- Organising post and franking mail daily
- First point of contact for facilities/office-related issues
- Ensuring that the reception area is clean and tidy at all times and that deliveries are stored appropriately
- Updating office branding and artwork
- Assisting the Head of Post Production & Facilities with general office maintenance
Who you are:
- Ability to adapt and use own initiative, can-do attitude, suggesting solutions as and when issues arise
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in a customer facing role, being able to demonstrate excellent customer experience
- A personable approach and positive and proactive attitude
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An excellent range of benefits, like private medical cover, a generous pension scheme, life assurance and income protection, plus loads of music biz perks
- Our Unmind app provides our employees with the tools they need to proactively support their wellbeing
- Premium days as well as an annual leave entitlement, and the ability to trade holiday
- We invest in your professional growth & development
If you are interested in the role please apply here.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.